The true definition of “Elixir” is: A magical or medicinal potion.
TRUTH! And after starting your day with one, trust me you’ll start to believe it too. I am ALLLLL about detox. The idea of rejuvenating your internal system makes me giddy and I am always searching/learning/loving/needing new ways to heal from the inside. This elixir shot is one I’ve been LOVING lately. I started taking it every morning since I’ve started the Whole 30 Challenge, and I have to say, it’s my favorite by far.
Screw lemon water. After 7-8 hours of sleep your body is dehydrated and begging for a nutrient-packed KICK. There are so many ways you can make an elixir – I have so many versions to share but fair warning on this one – it is POTENT. That’s kinda how I roll (extra spicy please!) so feel free to tone anything down.
Why should you start your day with an elixir shot? Glad you asked.
- Stimulates your digestive system + boosts metabolism
- Increases your energy
- Reduces inflammation + helps de-bloating (HELLO bikini season is year-round)
- Releases toxins from the liver + alleviates constipation (ahem, hence the detox)
- Boosts your immune system + balances pH levels
- Clears up skin
If that hasn’t convinced you, it will promote any of your weight loss goals… basically the perfect way to start each morning with a BANG.
- Cut off 1 nub of ginger and slice a bit to help with the grinding process – use the amount you feel comfortable with (I use A LOT)
- Throw in the pineapple – fresh or frozen works
- Add juice of ½ a grapefruit
- Then your turmeric
- Last, ¼ cup water – OR – add a full cup for a more diluted detox drink
- BLEND and enjoy with your morning reading
Again, this is one of the more EXTREME elixir shots – if you’re really trying to detox and restart your system. I’ve got plenty of more tame and tasty versions to share. Tootles! xoxo